The Muslim 500 and its complementary website have become the world's premiere source for a listing of the world's most influential Muslims. And with each edition the annual publication increases its scope and depth.
The Muslim 500 - 2021
What’s in This Year’s Edition?
Prof Abdallah Schleifer writes about our two distinguished Muslims this year in Persons of the Year: two people who have made significant contributions in this particular year.
Also this year, Tarek Elgawhary writes A Selected Survey of the Muslim World exploring events over the past year.
We then have a special commissioned report on Covid-19. It investigates how different countries around the world have dealt with the disease and it composes a ranking of Policy Effectiveness based on an Estimate of Policy caused Deaths (EPD).
Then we have our regular House of Islam essay which gives an overview of Islam and its branches.
We then have our annual lists consisting of:
Ranked Top 50
We remember those who have passed on in our Obituaries section.
We are pleased to have eleven timely articles in our Guest Contributions section. Our guest writers are:
We have a Book Review section featuring select titles deserving your attention this year.
We have a Major Events timeline which lists important events that have affected Muslims over the past 12 months.
We have two Appendices: Appendix I showing world and Muslim populations, and Appendix II giving us a list of leading Muslim social media users, and another list showing leading users worldwide.
Finally we end with our Glossary of key terms and the Indices to help you find everyone.
Visual: To give a richer visual understanding of the Muslim world we have included photographs, statistics, and quotes. We have also included several calligraphy pieces throughout the book, which we hope will serve as a beautiful reminder to pause and reflect as you go through the book.
New Names: We have added dozens of new names to the list. With a pool of over a billion candidates from numerous fields of endeavours, there are literally hundreds that are close to making the list in any given year. This year many have crossed the line, mainly due to their recent work. To make it easier to find who they are, there is ‘The Top 50 Ins and Outs’ and a ‘New Additions to the 450 Lists’ section listing all changes.
Although we put much effort into making the print version greater than before, we still offer the same exact content in a FREE pdf version at
The Muslim 500 website which was added to our site today so you can download the 2021 Edition this very minute. You can also view the contents on our website: www.themuslim500.com
There are also two options for purchasing the book:
High Resolution PDF: We have created a high-resolution PDF of our issue that is available for purchase for just $4.95, which is perfect for you if you have an iPad, Kindle or other tablet as you can see all the images at a sharp resolution.
Pre-order Hard Copy of the book: We anticipate that the hard copy will be with us in 2-3 weeks. We have a special 2 week pre-order price of $29.95 (plus postal charges), after which the book will be on sale for $34.95 (plus postal charges). Pre-purchase Here
What You’ll Learn
In this book you will learn more about:
- Who are the scholars, teachers, and preachers who affect the widest number of Muslims?
- Who are the main Muslim politicians who get things done in the domestic and international realms?
- Who runs the largest religious educational systems that affect the next generation of Muslims?
- Who are the top Muslim business leaders who help keep economies growing?
- Who are the Muslims donating millions to charities, and who runs the largest of Muslim-based charities?
- Who are the Muslims initiating changes on the ground that affect health, education, women's rights, the environment, human rights, and conflict resolution?
- Who are the top Muslim scientists, artists, celebrities, and sports stars?
- Just how influential are these radicals that dominate the advertising-sponsored news and help keep a huge military-industrial complex moving?
- Who were the major Muslim figures who died in the past year?
- Who are the Muslims whose influence has increased over the past few years, rising up to the top 500 this year?
- And much, much more.