Waleed bin Ibrahim Al-Ibrahim
Waleed bin Ibrahim Al-Ibrahim

Waleed Al-Ibrahim is the chairman of Middle East Broadcasting Center (MBC). He founded MBC in London in 1991 as the first independent Arabic satellite TV station. In 2003, he launched Al Arabiya, a 24-hour news channel. MBC now includes 11 channels catering to all viewers in Arabic, English, and Persian. In November 2017 he was detained, along with several Saudi princes and billionaires, on an anti-corruption drive. He spent three months at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Riyadh before being released in January 2018.The government of Saudi Arabia arranged to acquire 60 per cent of MBC, leaving the remaining 40 percent of the company in Al Ibrahim’s hands.

Source of Influence: Media

Status: Featured in current year